Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments
This is a really easy and fun way to make decorations for your Christmas tree! Last year I brought ready-made cinnamon ornaments, glitter, glue, and other sparkly stuff to my grandkids house; it was lots of fun!
- 1⅓ cup ground cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- ¼ cup white glue
- Mix cinnamon, applesauce, and glue in a large bowl. Add more cinnamon if needed to form a dough texture.
- Shape into a ball, flatten, and wrap in plastic wrap. Place the dough in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Roll out dough on a cutting board to 1/2 inch or thicker.
- Sprinkle rolling pin with a little cinnamon if needed to keep dough from sticking.
- Use your favorite Christmas cookie cutters to create ornaments.
- Punch a hole for ribbon before drying by using a bamboo skewer at best location on the ornament.
- Place ornaments on a cookie sheet in a 200℉ oven for 2 hours, turn ornaments over after 1 hour.
- Remove ornaments from cookie sheet and using the bamboo skewer, reinforce the hole made earlier.
- File ornament edges if desired.
- Loop through your favorite ribbon and hang on your tree.
- You can decorate your ornaments with your kids at this point, all ages!